This SketchUp plugin for anyone that needs to export faces from their 3D model into the 2D Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format.
This allows you to use editors like Inkscape (open source) and to create 2D layouts for laser cutting, simple CNC milling, scrollsaws, etc.
Moving from Google Code
Please wait for more content on this page, however, the latest code is available here.
To install a SketchUp Ruby plugin script with the .rbz format
Taken from http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/38583
- We recommend logging into your computer as an admin before installing any Ruby scripts. This will make the installation go more smoothly and ensure that files get installed in the proper places.
- Select Window > Preferences (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp > Preferences (Mac OS X). The Preferences dialog box is displayed.
- Click on Extensions. The Extensions panel is displayed.
- Click on the Install Extension button. The Open dialog box is displayed.
- Locate the Ruby zip file to install (.rbz).
- Click on the Open button. The Ruby plugin appears in the list of extensions.